This totally fits my definition. Snapshot: yesterday, after I got the kids up from their naps (and PJ napped! a rare occurance), I decided we'd go to the park. And to save the environment (and our money, gas is over $4/gallon), I figured we could walk there. I also wanted to go to Osage park (or the piano park as PJ calls it), which is a little farther away. We had a great walk there, everyone was listening, holding hands, etc.
My moment of bliss happened at the park, when the kids were playing on this car/jeep play thing, which has a front seat, with steering wheels, and a back seat. PJ and Lily were in the front seat, and PJ says "Mommy sit in back!" It was so cool to be driven by my kids! To continue the moment of bliss, as we were walking back across the baseball fields, we were all pretending to be airplanes, swooping and diving, and making "vroom!" noises. Now that is being a kid!
This is also being a kid, and the mess moment. When we got back, we all washed hands and then I let Lily past the gate so she could play in the living room, while I helped PJ finish. When we got done, Lily was being quiet, too quiet. I turned the corner and she had found my big cup of water (which was probably mostly full), and had dumped it all over herself, the couch and the floor! I know it could have been worse (like tea or pop), so I am grateful I really only drink water. I spent the time I should have been making dinner getting everyone dry. I wasn't laughing then(probably because I was hungry), but writing these moments is showing me how life can be hysterical!
Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor
16 years ago
1 comment:
Don't forget you're also getting a workout when you walk! Win-win-win! Lily was just ready for her bath!
Post a Comment