I have been saying for a long time that since becoming a parent, my life is full of so many moments of chaos and mess, and then all of a sudden there is a moment of complete bliss that makes it all worth while.
And so the blog...
Mess is the whining, the constant "NO," the screaming, the stimming, the meltdowns, the hitting (and sometimes biting), and the crying. It's the everything in the mouth so I wonder what disease cocktail she'll have today, and the way I talk to walls and sound like the teacher in Charlie Brown (wah-wah-wah-wah). It's also the "I'm sad," with the best puppy dog eyes I've seen, and even the ramping up to the sensory meltdowns where we revert to when he was 2 months old and needs to be swaddled and sung to in order to calm down.
Bliss is the cuddling, the kissing and hugging, the "mommy" (since I waited so long), the laughing, the playing, and the raspberries. It's the finally talking, and the talking too much. It's the times I look at them and see just how cute they are (and yes, its their defense). It's checking on them when they are sleeping and so peaceful. It's knowing that I'll screw them up, but there will be therapy to fix them. And finally, its the moments when I see them growing up, but I want them to stay small.
Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor
16 years ago
1 comment:
Welcome to writing stuff down randomly! It's fun.
Post a Comment