When its time to go anywhere, I'm sure every parent will agree that its a battle. At my house, there's more fighting, cajoling, begging and threatening than any other part of the day (bedtime is better than leaving the house). Even if its something they want, like going to a park or the "Flower Mall" (Randhurst), its still batten down the hatches.
That's why I had to document this moment. On Sunday of Memorial Weekend, Rob and I needed to go mattress shopping, and we realized that taking the kids might be sheer torture for them and us. I called my parents, and they said they'd take them and throw them in the pool. When I said, "Do you guys want to go to Grandma Carol and Grandpa John's and go in the pool?" it was amazing. Lily got so excited, she started yelling "Lily pool, LILY Pool, LILY POOL!" PJ ran straight for the gate and got his shoes and Lily's shoes, then they both put on their shoes (by themselves, Lily's first time), and stood by the garage door. No prompts from me. Wow.
Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment