I've been too good, just posting the "bliss"-ful moments. Right now, I've got a bit of a "mess" with my two-year-old. First, I get a phone call from my husband, early Sunday morning when I'm away at a scrapbook weekend (a chance to escape the two-year-oldness), with a "How do you get vaseline out of the carpet?" She was bored, climbed up on her dresser, went way up high into a basket we thought was out of reach, and finger painted with a huge jar of vaseline. Clothes, hair, carpet, chair--nothing was too good to get a coating. Rob did a great job cleaning, and emphasizing that this was not a fun game and had her cleaning as well. (Bless his soul, and glad I missed this one!)
Second, I am getting an extra dose of "gimmes," "mine," and "no!" My favorite today was the constant arguing. I think she will make an excellent interrogator someday because she just keeps going until there is no more logic left.
"No more snack today," "YES! More snack today!" "I don't have any more in the car," "YES! There's more in the car!"
"Me want ice cream!" "Not right now," "YES! Right now!"
And my favorite: "I'm done talking to you, Lily," "NO! You not done talking to me!" "Fine, you got me, I'm talking to you." Sigh.
I'm so dizzy right now.
Happy Joe's Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment