Lily's room is finally safety proofed, but she gave me a scare anyway! I was working in our bedroom, right down the hall from her room, and I had the monitor on. She started her nap playing and trying to get out (we needed to turn her bedroom lock around to keep her from wandering the halls unsafe during naptime) and then she got quiet for awhile. I could see under her door that her light was on, so I decided to see if she had climbed back into her bed for her nap.
I quietly opened her door, and closed it behind me. No little ball of energy greeted me, so I looked in her bed to see how asleep she was. But she wasn't there. Then I looked under the bed (because we had found her there playing from time to time), but she wasn't there. I started to panic and think I had a little houdini on my hands, since she had made her way out of a locked door (and locked it again), and past the room I was working in, all without making a sound. Then I turned around...



She had made a little nest in the empty part of her bookcase! I covered my mouth to keep from laughing out loud and ran from the room. I then called Rob and my mom and they both thought something was wrong because I was laughing so hard I was crying! My mom suggested I take pictures (of course) and video. This will be so much fun to show at her wedding rehearsal dinner!
(She eventually did wake up when she tried moving in her sleep and kept hitting the sides of the cabinet!)
No comments:
Post a Comment